Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A SWEET BATTLE



The virgin beacon of sun-light pierces into my eye lids,


A bitter-sweet pain caresses them as they refuse to open.


The monotonous chirping of birds in the distance shatters the silence,


As a gentle, prying hand, opens the curtains and rips open my quilt.


I curl up coyly in a foetus-like cocoon and my arms fold in-advertently,


I put up an ostentatious defence, though my heart purs to be deluged.


A preposterous battle, with the earnest urge to lose, I fight,


Gentle paws, claws and clenched fists erupt in the midst of soft moans.


My mellifluous denials are mere antics as I crave for just a little more cajoling,


The force against me is dual, internal as well as external, and yet one.


The aching voices from the recesses within me pine for surrender,


Just a little more teasing before the conquest is final and total.


The arms pushing me, drawing me nearer suddenly surround me in an embrace,


Thats the ultimate volley that destroys my fortitude, my pretence.


I reciprocate with a vengeance and thats what my abductor desires,


What a sweet antagonism, that fructifies into a rhyme.


The quiver of two souls as they couple for an eternal unison,


My eyes close again as the flood-gates open and love gushes in un-armed.


1 comment: