Thursday, April 3, 2008

THE HUES OF LOVE

Hi,

This is my maiden post on a blog. You will find that most of my work is in poetry rather than prose. So you can say i am more of a bard than story-teller....somehow my thoughts flow rhythmically...making a cadence of their own. Prose, i feel, becomes mundane at times to keep pace with my agile thought-process.

So, i will begin with a poem i composed some few years back. Its about the most powerful emotion ever felt by an individual. All are fascinated by it, few try to meddle with it but only an iota of them actually experience the acme of euphoria it is synonymous with. Yes, you got it right...its the mysterious, elusive, blissful, tranquilizing emotion of love :)

The poem goes something like this -

THE HUES OF LOVE

My countenance is bedecked with an uncanny chortle,

Words gush effervescently as I indulge in inane prattle.

Belligerent panache, concomitant to interludes of serenity,

Elusive bliss becomes palpable, illuminating the vicinity.

My enigmatic feet tread the realm of fantasy,

Pestilential solitude pines to ramify into connubial ecstasy.

Reverberating poignancy is drowned by the cadence of mirth,

Moisture brims in my eyes, parched by the vicissitudes of perpetual search.

Love makes me feel nostalgic and sagaciously senile,

Its dynamic clasp sporadically renders me vulnerable and puerile.

Prayers are now intimate parleys rhapsodizing the bounty of the Provider,

Exhorting alienation from chagrin and perennial love - so tender !!

4 comments:

Hiren said...

Welcome to this virtual world :) and trust me you would thank me for persuasion once you get used to here :)

And now this is what is called begining with a bang .. simply awesome first post ...

btw i do have a suggestion ... if you are going to showcase your command of English then might as well provide a link to the online dictionary on the sidebar of your blog :)

All the Best !!

Vaishalee said...

Thanx Hiren. Thanx a tone :)

Your persuasion is definitely one of the main reasons y i started blogging.

As for your suggestion, would do sumthing about it soon :)

Unknown said...

vaishu.. what hv u writtn.. i didnt understnd a word..
its seems u r a character in a shakespeare drama.. or an opera..
pl write somthing wch the aam janta like me cn understnd..

tc.. hemal

Vaishalee said...

Hemal, was that a compliment or a criticism ?? Anyway, its surprising that you cannot understand what i have written, esp. at such a beautiful phase of your life ( i hope u know what i am hinting at ;) ) when u r experiencing all that i have tried to capture in my verse.

Thanx anyway, and do keep visiting my blog :)